Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Chocolate Fudge Cake

October is a month of birthdays on my calender. The past couple of weeks have been so crazy, but I still managed to bake a sinfully delicious cake for my dear husbands birthday. This recipe was passed on by one of my good friend, thank you Preethi for this recipe :), I sure did leave a wonderful impression on friends, family and most importantly Vinod ;) I can never go wrong with your recipes, don't I ?

This is one chocolate cake recipe that I am going to make again and again, its a keeper. The intense chocolate and coffee flavors strike a perfect balance without being overwhelmingly so. Its moist, fudgy texture is to die for. My perfect definition of pure chocolate indulgence, hmm....

I managed to assemble this gorgeous, scrumptious fudge cake together in that very little time I had. At the stroke of 12, I woke him up to a happy birthday song and a candle lit living room, he happily walked in to blow off the candles and started digging in as if it was the best thing he had ever tasted in his life. Followed by gifts of course. 

I was super excited that it was well received and polished off. The bitter truth of growing older becomes bearable with this mouthwatering chocolate fudge cake, I am sure you guys would agree too.



Ingredients 

2 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
1 pkg Duncan Hines classic chocolate fudge cake mix
1 pkg (3.9oz) Jell-o chocolate instant pudding
1 cup organic sour cream 
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup water 
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp instant coffee granules
4 eggs  

For the Ganache 

10 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
Pinch of salt 
1 tbsp butter 


Method

  • Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pan.
  • Sift in the cake mix and pudding mix together and set aside.
  • In a large bowl whisk in the oil, water, eggs and the sour cream. spoon in the sifted cake and pudding mix until blended. 
  • Stir in the chocolate chips.
  • Pour into the greased pan and bake for 45 mins. or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
  • Cool completely on a wire rack.
  • In a bowl add in the chocolate chips, butter, instant coffee, vanilla and the salt.
  • Heat the heavy cream in a sauce pan and pour it over the chocolate chips and let it sit for 5 mins.
  • Mix well until well combined and pop it into the refrigerator for 20 mins.
  • With the help of a hand mixer whip up the ganache until its light and fluffy or until spreadable consistency.
  • Run a thin sharp knife and level the top of the cake.
  • Slice the cakes across into two equal halves. Stack, frosting each layer as you go.
  • Sprinkle toasted nuts or decorate with fresh fruits and keep refrigerated.
  • The fudge-like texture of this cake improves when it is stored overnight in the refrigerator.

4 comments:

  1. You're most welcome nandu & anything for a wonderful person like you :)
    .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Preethi all those edible stuff I cook and get compliments for are all ur recipes
      So I can't thank u enough my friend 🤗🤗

      Delete